LASIK is the most advanced form of Laser Vision Correction and it has helped thousands of patients improve their vision and reduce their dependence on glasses and contacts.
LASIK, or laser assisted in-situ keratomileusis, is used to correct a variety of common vision problems, including nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
During the LASIK procedure, our state-of-the-art Alcon WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser produces a cool ultraviolet light in order to remove a small amount of corneal tissue - typically less than the thickness of a human hair - allowing light to be more sharply focused on the retina.
- Click here for information on what to expect during your LASIK consultation
- Click here for information on financing your LASIK procedure
- Click here for more facts about LASIK
- Click here for information on fear and LASIK
- Click here for information on the difference between LASIK and cataract surgery
- Click here for information on the difference between LASIK and PRK
The LASIK procedure usually takes less than 15 minutes to perform with actual laser time averaging less than one minute per eye!
Learn more about LASIK by visiting the following pages:
- The LASIK Procedure
- The Three Priorities When Shopping for LASIK
- LASIK Testimonials
- Eye Surgery
- LASIK and Glaucoma
Discover how LASIK can bring your world into focus. If you are considering LASIK, call Griffin & Reed Eye Care at (916) 485-2020 or book an evaluation online!